People these days spend an increased amount of time in front of computers and on their smartphones. With screens so close to our eyes for the majority of the day, it’s important that we take proper care of them by protecting them from the harmful effects of blue light. When selecting eyeglasses or contact lenses to help protect your eyes from the harmful effects of blue light, you may want to consider those that reduce blue light from reaching the eye by using photochromic lenses in order to block sunlight. They soak up and scatter most reflected radiation, making it easier on your eyes without distorting your vision.
What is an ophthalmologist?
An ophthalmologist is a medical professional who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of eye conditions and diseases. Ophthalmologists are trained to perform eye exams, prescribe medications, and perform surgery when necessary..
Pick the best eye surgery center
You want to find the best possible option for your eye surgery needs, and that means taking the time to compare different centers. Here are some tips for masterfully comparing ophthalmologists so you can choose the best one for you:
1. Consider the location. You’ll want to find an ophthalmologist who is conveniently located near you. This will make it easier to get to your appointments and follow-up visits.
2. Look at the surgeon’s qualifications. Make sure you’re choosing a surgeon who is qualified and experienced in performing the type of surgery you need.
3. Ask about the center’s success rate. Find out what percentage of patients have had successful surgeries at the center. This will give you an idea of how likely you are to have a successful surgery as well.
4. Get a tour of the facility. Once you’ve narrowed down your options, schedule a tour of the facilities so you can see firsthand what they’re like. This will help you get a feel for whether or not you’ll be comfortable there.
5. Ask about pricing and financing options. Be sure to ask about pricing upfront so there are no surprises later on. Also, find out if the