In today’s emergent and competitive world, education is the prime concern of parents. After all the right education and knowledge is the key to success and parents do everything good for the bright future of their child. Hence, here is the list of some popular boarding schools located in different regions of India. Parents looking for their child’s admission must take a look at this list.
Boarding schools are always a good choice for parents as here the child not only gets the right education, but also learns discipline, and a set routine to follow on daily basis. The routine comprises yoga and exercise in the morning, sports, day-long classes, timely meals, self-study time, curriculum activities, evening activities, and dinner as well. Apart from such an amazing routine, the schools also have wardens for both girls and boys, who look after them and make sure to follow all rules and regulations to maintain the safety and well-being of all students. Special care is taken by the wardens who are guided by the school administration. Lastly, the schools always share the schedule of holidays so that parents can plan and accordingly visit the school to meet their children.
Now parents need to finalize the right school for their kids and get their admission done with some formalities.
1. G.D. Goenka Signature School, Sohna Road, GurugramG.D. Goenka is one of the reputed schools in Gurugram, Haryana. It is spread into a 20-acre campus and it has well-equipped classes for Montessori, Primary and Secondary sections. The school provides high-class laboratories, libraries, and more than 60000 sqft space dedicated to various indoor and outdoor sports. The school has mentors instead of teachers, as teachers only teach whereas mentors mold students. Apart from high-end technology, the school provides the best boarding facilities as well.
- Facilities – The school houses free play areas, primary wing, scholastic hub, middle school, administrative wing, cultural hub, cafeteria, the river of knowledge, football field, indoor sports complex, outdoor sports facilities, senior wing 1, senior wing 2, collaboration spaces, hostel blocks, cricket field, halls, and auditorium, etc. With all these spaces, the school provides world-class facilities and services to students to become a bright future of the nation.
2. The Valley School, Bangalore – IndiaThe Valley School, Bangalore – Valley School located in Bangalore intends to provide a place where children can learn a way of living that is whole, sane, and intelligent. The school believes that academic excellence is important, but along with learning the importance of knowledge and its limitations, observes the world, not from any particular point of view or conclusion, man’s endeavor, his search for beauty, and truth – a way of living without conflict. The school aims to make students capable of understanding diverse thin and thick of life along with its solution and become a responsible citizen of the country. It is different from any other common schools in India
- The structural layout in the Junior and Middle School is as follows:
- I Entry-level group (6 years) `Bulbuls’ (presently has 21 children facilitated by two teachers)
- II Junior School – Mixed Age Groups (Ages 7, 8, 9 years) (presently has 110 children divided into six groups – `Bhuvi’, `Ila’, `Mahi’, `Medhini’, `Oorja’ and `Prithvi’)
- III Middle School – Students between the ages of 10 to 12 years are grouped as Classes V, VI, and VII to facilitate age appropriate learning on the emotional, psychological, and academic front. There are 106 students in this group presently.
3. Sulochanadevi Singhania School, Thane, Mumbai – IndiaSulochanadevi Singhania School, Thane, Mumbai – Founded in the year 1969, by the late Shri. Gopalkrishna Singhania in memory of his wife Smt. Sulochanadevi Singhania. It is located lush green surroundings of Jekegram and it is reachable for students. The school provides education to students from all walks of life. At present time, the school accommodates more than 6400+ students from KG to 12th standard. The school aims to provide the right education to prepare the future leaders of India along with modern technology, which certainly makes students capable to have greater heights of progress and development.
- Facilities – The school is well-equipped with spacious classrooms, libraries, laboratories, ICT Rooms, Creative spaces including activity rooms, music rooms, art & craft rooms, and Solonian film division. When it comes to development spaces, students can visit KG Park, CDLC spaces. The school has its own welfare space including an open gym, health care center, and canteen. The school enables students to enjoy the visit of the aquarium, and butterfly park, within premises. The school has 5 grounds and a mini stadium ground. Swimming pools, tennis courts, badminton courts, and 2 large grounds. The school also provides gym equipment for physical fitness, the latest of all sports equipment and facilities. Bowling machines, all quality equipment for the gymnastics-double vault, 3 Basketball courts, Football courts, 10,000 sq. ft. space for skating to mention a few.
4. The Sanskaar Valley School, Bhopal – IndiaThe Sanskaar Valley School, Bhopal – Established under the aegis of the Sharda Devi Charitable Trust – it is a non- profit institution, & a tribute to the memory of our respected matriarch. The Sanskaar Valley School is a co-educational, day boarding-cum-residential school. It is also ranked amongst the top 5 schools in the country education – world school ranking 2019. Being one of the renowned schools of the nation, The Sanskaar Valley School is committed to providing innovative education for the best educational endeavor. The school authority believes in providing the experience for the overall growth of the individual and encourages by integrating sports, hobby activities, special day celebrations, community service, eco-friendly initiatives, and excursions. The students are also open to cultivating a variety of activities like music, drama, dance, fine arts, and more.
- Facilities – Some of the best facilities provided by schools are administrative block, academic block, laboratories, libraries, indoor & outdoor complex, sports facility, swimming pool, a hobby center, academic support, counseling, boarding, the learning lab, dining hall, health care facility, and transport service.
5. The Doon School, Dehradun – IndiaThe Doon School, Dehradun – The widely popular Doon School is a boys-only boarding school in Dehradun, Uttrakhand, India. Founded in the year 1935, by Satish Ranjan Das, Doon remains a boys-only school despite continued pressure from political leaders to make it co-educational. However, the daughters of some school staff have got admission. The school houses approx. 500 pupils aged 12 to 18, and admission is based on a competitive entrance examination and an interview with the headmaster. The mission of the school is to attract and develop exceptional boys and teachers from all backgrounds to serve a meritocratic India; inspire them to be just and ethical citizens; train them to be wise.
- Facilities – Some of the best facilities The Doon School provides to students are the wellness center, design & technology building, science department, indoor and outdoor facilities, the amphitheater, music school, multipurpose hall, library, dining hall, auditorium, art & media school, etc.
6. Bishop Cotton School, Shimla – IndiaBishop Cotton School, Shimla – Bishop Cotton School (BCS) is also known as the oldest boys boarding school in Asia. It was founded on 28th July 1859, by Bishop George Edward Lynch Cotton. It is spread into a 35-acre campus set in the beautiful Shimla Hills. The clean and fresh atmosphere of the region enables the students to be fit and healthy. Hence, the school has produced some great personalities like ambassadors, UN contingent commanders, politicians, MPs in England and India, about a dozen Generals / Admirals / Air Marshals, leading Industrialists, authors, prominent doctors, teachers, engineers, civil servants, and a Chief Minister. The school offers the choice of fifteen sports including Cricket, hockey, football, and swimming are played seasonally and tennis, squash, table-tennis, badminton, and basketball are played throughout the year.
- Facilities – Some of the amazing facilities students can avail at Bishop Cotton School are assessment and reporting, outreach in the curriculum, creativity in the curriculum, English speaking and other languages, teaching and learning methodology, etc.
7. Mayo College, Ajmer – GurgaonMayo College, Ajmer – Established in the year 1875, by Richard Bourke. Mayo College Ajmer is a boy’s residential public school. The school is committed to holistic teaching and view education as having essential value, quite apart from its function of growing vocational opportunities. The school promotes academic excellence along with leadership, self-confidence, mutual respect, and a sense of global identity. Mayo College is known as one of the best boarding schools in the world and is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education – CBSE. The School has 12 Boarding Houses – 8 Senior Houses, 1 Holding House & 3 Junior Houses, home to over 800 boys from Class IV to XII. And proper safety measures are taken to keep these houses safe for the students.
- Facilities – The school provides some amazing facilities to nurture the kids and it includes adventure sports, astronomy, brass band, career counseling, cray club, cultural activities, debating, French society, Indian music, Lalit Kala Parishad, NCC, natural history, photography and film making, round square, scouting, social service, temple service, etc.
8. Convent of Jesus and Mary Mussoorie – IndiaConvent of Jesus and Mary, Mussoorie – Founded on 18th September 1845, by the religious of Jesus and Mary, the school is recognized as a Christians Minority institution. It is an all-girl residential and day school, affiliated with CBSE. The school is located at an elevation of 6,600 feet above sea level. The school is managed by two sisters Jesus and Mary, and it is the home of 350 boarders and 250-day scholars from classes I to XII. The school provides the perfect environment for young girls to gain knowledge, experience, confidence, exposure, and moral values. Other than studies, the school is well-equipped with state of the art facilities and all modern amenities, which enable the girls to get secure and contented adobe.
- Facilities – Some of the great facilities the school provides to students are the literary club, science club, social service club, and ecology club. Extra-curricular activities include debates, declamation, elocution, extempore, story-telling, dramatics, dance and music, physical education, etc.
9. St. Paul’s School, Darjeeling – IndiaSt. Paul’s School, Darjeeling – St. Paul’s School is one of the renowned Indian residential schools for boys that is committed to providing education towards life in India and India’s place in world affairs. The school has different parts of India, having different castes and religious communities are living, working, eating, worshipping, and playing together with boys from other nations with different social and religious customs. It is truly remarkable and students enjoy it. Other than studies, the students are also indulged in some amazing activities of the school such as art and craft, Batik, Indian and Western music, model-making, photography, wood and lathe work, cybernetics, Textile design, cooking, philately, etc. Each of these activities brings an awesome learning experience to students.
- Facilities – The school makes sure to provide the best food and health facilities as the school has a qualified doctor to visit the school daily to supervise the running of the School infirmaries.
10. Woodstock School Mussoorie IndiaWoodstock School Mussoorie – Woodstock School Mussoorie is Asia’s oldest international boarding school. For over 160 years, the school is offering co-education to students. The school has several students from all corners of the globe and they live and learn together. The school strives for excellence in teaching exceptional education among a diverse international community. The school is offering education based on standard approach such as early year education, middle year education, the curriculum in academic subjects, diploma pathways, IB diploma program for Grades 11 and 12. Availing education from Woodstock School is truly a pride.
- Facilities – Some of the best facilities that the school offers to students include outdoor learning, a center for imagination, community engagement, sports, and, global alliance for innovative learning. With each of these facilities, students can have a bright future.
11. GD. Goenka World School, Gurugram, Haryana, India
GD. Goenka World School, Gurugram, Haryana – Established in 1982, G.D. Goenka Group has emerged with the motive to provide innovative education. And gradually started earning fame for its excellence in education, in India and Abroad. This G.D. Goenka World school is located at picturesque foothills of Aravali Range and led by Chairman, Mr. A. K. Goenka, and Vice-Chairperson, Mrs. Renu Goenka. The vision of the leaders is to enhance the education system globally along with top-notch facilities.
- Facilities – Being the trusted group of education, G.D. Goenka World School is well-facilitated with advanced technology and world-class infrastructure: beautifully manicured lawns, a Wi-Fi enabled, fully-air-conditioned campus; meticulously maintained playing fields, activities, and sporting facilities, with nationally-ranked programs (Education World 2013 -14), AV equipped classrooms and conference halls, well-stocked libraries, hi-tech laboratories, carefully planned residential accommodation, and an exclusive dining experience. With all these facilities, the school is providing world-class education and facilities and enables the students to be top rankers in India and Abroad.
Faq About Boarding School in India
There are lots of reasons due to which boarding schools are recommended by parents. India has got some popular boarding schools that nurture students from behavior to discipline to academics to sports. The schools have produced some popular celebrities in different fields like politics, cinema, journalists, businessmen, etc. Thus, boarding schools are quite respected.
Boarding schools are a bit different than day-schools. Here the students are treated equally without any difference of caste, creed, or religion. Here teachers pay attention not only to academic excellence but to overall performance including sports, curriculum activities, leadership quality, language enhancement, discipline, etc. And the remaining time is being observed by wardens.
There are several reasons due to which the fees of boarding schools are higher than D-Schools such as high-class education level, brilliant faculties, and mentors, meals, hostel fees, best facilities, etc. With each of these services, the fees go up higher than D-schools.